Refunds and Cancellations Policy
Our Refunds and Cancellations Policy
This Refunds Policy forms part of the customer terms for PlayOn Cloud services offered by PLAYON.TV AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (ABN 84 637 530 968). Full terms are on our website. This Policy prevails over anything in those terms, and is subject to the Australian Consumer Law.
Under the Australian Consumer Law, products and services you purchase come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for.
If a product or service you purchase fails to meet these guarantees, you have the right to ask for a repair or a refund.
If your PlayOn Cloud service isn’t working as intended
Please contact the PlayOn Cloud Technical Support Team firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your problem. Technical Support will attempt to troubleshoot the problem as there may be various factors as to why the service isn’t working as intended.
If it’s determined that the service isn’t working as intended due to a fault caused by us or the PlayOn Cloud platform, and we are unable to fix it in a reasonable amount of time, we will issue you a:
- Full refund of your monthly subscription fee and unused recording credits you have purchased if you have not been able to use the service since the beginning of a monthly billing period. We will also cancel the service at your request.
- Pro-rata refund of your monthly subscription fee and/or pro-rata refund of any unused recording credits you have purchased, if you have not been able to use the service for part of a monthly billing period. We will also cancel the service at your request.
We will not issue refunds for your monthly subscription fee and/or recording credits if the service isn't working as intended due to faults that are not caused by us or the PlayOn Cloud platform.
Faults we will issue refunds for
We will issue refunds in instances where the PlayOn Cloud service isn’t working as intended due to:
- Technical issues with the PlayOn Cloud application (e.g. a software update has caused the app to stop functioning)
- Technical issues with our storage servers (i.e. the Cloud)
- Any other issue caused by our systems, processes and/or equipment which cause the service to not work as intended
Faults we will NOT issue refunds for
We will not issue refunds in instances where the PlayOn Cloud service isn’t working as intended due to:
- Technical issues caused by your internet service or Internet Service Provider
- Technical issues caused by any equipment you use the service with including your mobile phone, TV and other equipment
- Technical issues caused by services you intend to use the PlayOn Cloud service in conjunction with including YouTube, Netflix and other applications
How long do refunds take
If you choose to cancel your service as part of your refund claim, we will process your refund within 3 – 5 business days.
If you choose to keep your service as part of your refund claim, we will assess your refund amount at the end of the billing period. We may choose to add this amount as a credit onto your next bill, or refund the amount to the payment method you used to make the original purchase.
How to cancel your subscription
You can cancel your subscription by logging into your account on our website https://playoncloud.com.au and following the cancellation process.
If you submit your cancellation request 5 days or more prior to the end of a billing period, we will not take any more payments and the cancellation will take effect at the end of the current billing period.
If you submit your cancellation request less than 5 days s prior to the end of a billing period, we will process one more payment and the cancellation will take effect at the end of the next billing period.
Cancellation requests must be submitted prior to 2:00p.m. AEST to be processed on the same day. Example: If you do not want us to take another payment, you must have submitted your cancellation request prior to 2:00p.m. AEST, 5 days before the end of the billing period.
You will be able to use any recording credits you purchased even after your subscription has ended. However, you will not be able to purchase any new recording credits unless your subscription is current and active.